Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Here is a handy chart to check if your shoe will fit! Click on the Image for a larger view.
This is a chart to convert inches into a woman's shoe size.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
SecondHand Addiction, as a business name, is both an attempt at a clever play on words and an admission of a problem that the two partners, Molly & Marion (me) share. Isn't the first step in the road to recovery admitting that you have a problem?! This addiction is something very few talk about. The symptoms are clear and so here are a few of the signs that you have a problem:
- You have 10 minutes to kill before having to be somewhere - you end up at a thrift store for "just a couple of minutes." You are always late,
- Yard Sales and Church sales are hard to drive by - Estate Sales; impossible!
- You hear yourself saying "I could sell this" and "these cost $20 brand new" and "If I just cut a little off" and "I could get that stain out" all to justify a purchase of a useless item that you can't live without,
- Your closets, drawers, garage, yards, storage unit and even your car are littered with the above mentioned items that you will find a use for/fit into one day,
- You get a physical high that is better than any drug when you find an item that fits, is your style, is the plate that completes the set, etc. (recent example: a hand crocheted 120" white cotton tablecloth - mint condition for $8),
- In spite of etiquette dictating the opposite, when you get a compliment, you proudly announce what you paid for the subject of the admiration, where you got it, and if you know, who owned it before you,
- When traveling, you visit thrift stores in other cities,
- Even though you live in a city with one of the most moderate winter's in the US, half your closet is filled with vintage coats,
- You call on the free items listed in Craigslist and Freecycle, even though you don't need the stuff. It's free!!
- When shopping, if you happen to see something fabulous in someone's cart/pile, you are tempted to liberate it from them, because nobody could appreciate the worth of a vintage item like you can. (If you actually do liberate the item, you should seek immediate help!)
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
More and more brides are turning to vintage dresses to create a unique, one of a kind look that seems to be missing in the bridal industry. And why not? The appliques, beadwork, draping and lace are artworks in themselves. From bohemian hippie dresses perfect for a meadow or beach wedding, to the more formal dresses complete with train and veil, you will always find a wedding gown perfect for the mood of your affair on Etsy. Here at Secondhand Addiction, we have several beauties to choose from and here is our most recent posting.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Tomorrow Marion and I will be photographing and posting again after a totally successful trip to Vegas. Second Hand Addiction followers get ready! We were tempted to shop in Vegas but Marion quickly reminded me of our quite full storage unit and the giant rack of clothing in her office that I swear has begun reproducing on its own.
We have some Vintage wedding treats such as a fun micro Gunne Sax and a maxi crepe lined cotton venise lace gown. The latter was created for a busty gal. If you are looking for something different check back soon for this dress. It is amazing 50's vintage in excellent condition, empire waist and with the cutest little sweep!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Check out this secretary blouse that Molly altered. Pussy bow, gathered sleeves. So cute!